Clinically Extremely Vulnerable patients should be offered a vaccine this week via text.
If you are in this group we have text you if you have consented for texts.
There may be a handful we have missed out and we ask you to contact us now via our website. This is mainly people who the government asked to shield not people who decided themselves to shield.
It includes the following:
- solid organ transplant recipients
- people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy( we only receive notifications of delivery dates the week before so we can’t necessarily give an exact date for a vaccine but can normally say we can do in a specific week to fit in with chemotherapy)
- people with lung cancer who are undergoing radical radiotherapy
- people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
- people having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
- people having other targeted cancer treatments that can affect the immune system
- people who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs
- people with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Most asthmatic patients are in group 6 and not yet eligible so don’t contact us yet please.
- people with rare diseases that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID), homozygous sickle cell disease)
- people on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection
- problems with your spleen, for example splenectomy (having your spleen removed)
- adults with Down’s syndrome
- adults on dialysis or with chronic kidney disease (stage 5)
- other people who have also been classed as clinically extremely vulnerable, based on clinical judgement and an assessment of their needs.